jeudi 24 avril 2014

Secret de Famille

I am usually quite skeptical - maybe even condescending - when it comes to homemade cosmetics. I think things like:
- "If homemade recipes were efficient, there would not be any need for laboratories to develop cosmetics."
- "What is in my kitchen is made to be eaten. Not to be spread on my skin!"
- "If I pay so much for a cream sold at Kicks, it necessarily means it's better than any cheap ointment I could make myself!"
So I've never used cucumber to moisturise my eyes, nor yolk to make my hair shine. I preferred to buy cosmetics ... until last Saturday.
My sister had prepared an homemade exfoliating cream: she had mixed honey and sugar to exfoliate her face. There was some left, so my sister suggested that I could use it. Well, it would have been a shame to throw it away.
I started to massage my face with this homemade exfoliating cream. And I loved it! First, it smelled extremely good - the honey smelled actually better than most perfumes in cosmetics. The texture was quite nice to spread. I added a little bit of  water to the mix to make it easier to massage on my skin and it worked pretty well. After rinsing, my skin was super soft and not irritated by the exfoliation.
To be honest, I haven't noticed any medium or long term effect. But this was definitely an enjoyable experience.
All in all, it will not replace the cosmetics I usually use, but I will do it from time to time when I want to pamper myself. And I might even try other homemade cosmetics...